Welcome Parents and Students!
REGISTRANTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2015
St. Sebastian School, A Catholic School of Excellence, serves the Parishes of Blessed Virgin Mary – Help of Christians, Queen of Angels and St. Sebastian.
We welcome you to visit our website to get acquainted with our school and staff. Current tuition and fees for 2015-16 are listed on the tuition and fees link. Tuition for 2015-2016 will not exceed increase of $200 per student. Increase is based no enrollment.
Our school uniform company is Flynn & O’Hara School Uniforms, Inc.
- Location: The Atlas Park Mall, Lower Level in Glendale, NY.
- Customer Service: 1.800.441.4122
- Website: www.flynnohara.com
- Seats are available on a first come – first served basis.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will prolong the registration process.
- The following documents must be submitted when registering. Your child need not be present at this time.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number of person responsible for tuition payments
- Baptismal & Sacramental Records (Catholic only)
- Proof of Immunization and Immunization History sheet
- Completed Family Fact Sheet
- Completed/signed Parent Commitment Letter for Fundraising
- Catholics – Parish Affiliation/Parish Contribution Envelope OR Participation in the Annual Catholic Appeal. Donation requirement is $300 per year, beginning at time of registration. Students must be baptized Catholic.
- For Grades 1 – 8 – All Academic Records including standardized tests and report cards (a copy of June 2015 Report card is required to complete the registration)
- Registration fee of $150 per child or $200 per family – fee is non-refundable.
- Failure to provide full educational, medical and religious records constitute grounds for dismissal at the discretion of St. Sebastian School.
- All new students are required by the Board of Health to have a complete physical examination before entering school. A copy of the results of this examination must be filed with the school before a student will be permitted to attend classes as mandated by the NO SHOTS – NO SCHOOL POLICY.
Grades Nursery to 1 – Additional Information:
- In late June, students registered for Grades Nursery to 1 will be invited to come to the school with parents for an interview with staff members. A brief assessment for Math and Reading skills will be given to students entering Kindergarten and Grade 1. Parents will be notified by mail of final acceptance procedures.
Grades 2 to 8 – Additional Information:
- In late June, students and parents registered for Grades 2-8, will be invited to meet with the Principal. At this time, your child will be given a brief assessment of Math and Reading skills by staff members if necessary. Parents will be notified by mail of final acceptance procedures.
If at any time, you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. O’Melia at 718.429.1982 x 134.
You may be eligible for tuition assistance for the upcoming school year. Applications are now available online at www.mytads.com/fa/futuresineducation and click on Financial Aid Assessment to begin. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee. Please contact Mrs.O’Melia at 718.429.5502 x 133 for more details.