Welcome Parents and Students!
ST. SEBASTIAN - FREE- PRE-K FOR ALL REGISTRATION INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. CHILD MUST BE BORN IN 2012.
REGISTRANTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2016
St. Sebastian School, A Catholic School of Excellence, serves the Parishes of Blessed Virgin Mary – Help of Christians, Queen of Angels, St. Teresa and St. Sebastian.
We welcome you to visit our website to get acquainted with our school and staff. Current tuition and fees for 2015-16 are listed on the tuition and fees link. Tuition for 2016-2017 will not exceed increase of $200 per student. Increase is based no enrollment.
Our school uniform company is Flynn & O’Hara School Uniforms, Inc.
- Location: The Atlas Park Mall, Lower Level in Glendale, NY.
- Customer Service: 1.800.441.4122
- Website: www.flynnohara.com
- Seats are available on a first come – first served basis.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will prolong the registration process.
- The following documents must be submitted when registering. Your child need not be present at this time.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number of person responsible for tuition payments
- Baptismal & Sacramental Records (Student baptized only)
- Proof of Immunization
- Completed Family Fact Sheet
- Completed/signed Parent Commitment Letter for Fundraising
- For Grades 1 – 8 – All Academic Records including standardized tests and report cards (a copy of June 2015 Report card is required to complete the registration)
- Registration fee of $150 per child or $200 per family – fee is non-refundable.
- Failure to provide full educational, medical and religious records constitute grounds for dismissal at the discretion of St. Sebastian School.
- All new students are required by the Board of Health to have a complete physical examination before entering school. A copy of the results of this examination must be filed with the school before a student will be permitted to attend classes as mandated by the NO SHOTS – NO SCHOOL POLICY.
Grades Nursery to 1 – Additional Information:
- In late June, students registered for Grades Nursery to 1 will be invited to come to the school with parents for an interview with staff members. A brief assessment for Math and Reading skills will be given to students entering Kindergarten and Grade 1. Parents will be notified by mail of final acceptance procedures. Upon acceptance, registration with our Tuition Management Program must be completed and first tuition payment must be made by July 15, 2016 to ensure your child’s seat for September.
Grades 2 to 8 – Additional Information:
- In late June, students and parents registered for Grades 2-8, will be invited to meet with the Principal. At this time, your child will be given a brief assessment of Math and Reading skills by staff members if necessary. Parents will be notified by mail of final acceptance procedures. Upon acceptance, registration with our Tuition Management Program must be completed and first tuition payment must be made by July 15, 2016 to ensure your child’s seat for September.
If at any time, you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. O’Melia at 718.429.1982 x 134.
Tuition Assistance and Tuition:
You may be eligible for tuition assistance for the upcoming school year. Applications are now available online at www.mytads.com/fa/futuresineducation and click on Financial Aid Assessment to begin. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee. Please contact Mrs.O’Melia at 718.429.5502 x 133 for more details.
St. Sebastian also has partnered with TADS for tuition and fees. Agreements must be completed by June, payment plan and mode of payment must be set up and the first installment of tuition must be paid through TADS. Notices of payment due will be sent to you via email or mail, whichever you choose.
FREE – PRE-K FOR ALL (4 YEAR OLDS BORN IN 2012) – REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The online application with the New York City Department of Education begins January 25th and ends on March 4th, 2016. IF you are not a current Nursery school student at St. Sebastian School, you must complete an online application no later than March 4th, 2016. The New York City Department of Education will mail acceptance letters to families in early May 2016. Once you receive a letter stating that you are accepted to St. Sebastian School, you can come in and pre-register with the Pre-K for All personnel. For more information call 718/429-1982 x134, Mrs. Greiner and Mrs. Flynn. WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS AND CANNOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE TO ANY FAMILY.
Website to visit for the application is http://schools.nyc.gov, you will have 12 choices, please designate St. Sebastian School, site code 30QAGP as your first choice.
On the left side of the home page click “Choice and Enrollment” (On this page you can view admissions calendar, perform a school search, and sign up for email updates.
CLICK “PRE-KINDERGARTEN” You will then need to set up an on-line account with the Department of Education and begin your application process.